Welcome to the WIBB Mentoring Programme
Supported by The Worshipful Company of Shipwrights
- Applications for our mentoring programme are open until 8th April 2023.
- Mentoring is hugely successful in other industries, and we’ve also worked with The Magenta Project on this – whose sailing mentoring scheme has been running successfully for 5 years.
- Any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply, read the Programme Outline below, and fill in the application form - link at the bottom of page.
Aim of Mentoring Programme
- To provide early-career support to women working hands-on in boatbuilding and related industries. Anyone can apply!
- To offer advice, encouragement, and focus to help you progress and stay in the industry.
- 10 Mentors will be partnered with 10 Mentees
- Tell us what you're looking for in a mentor and we hope to match you with a suitable mentee
- Mentorship programme runs for 10 months
- Mentoring will be delivered by monthly zoom/phone/in-person meetings between pairings – depending on geography and individual preference
- Monthly mentors zoom chaired by WIBB directors – for all mentors to check-in, review progress, support each other both in regards to being a mentor but also for each mentor’s own career progression; and for WIBB to get feedback to make adjustments to improve program where necessary
- In person workshop with mentees, mentors and WIBB directors after 4-6 months into the program, if possible. Exchange experiences, learn from each other, consider and discuss improvements to the program, opportunity for networking.
- Formal feedback will be required and prompted by WIBB in a given format from all mentors and mentees in regular intervals, likely to be at 3, 6 and 9 months into the programme, and 1 month, 1 year and 3 years after the programme to gather evidence on long term benefits.
- Mentees and mentors commit themselves to provide the feedback within a reasonable timeframe.
- Aim to start mentor programme on the 8th of May.
Mentee Application form
Mentor Application Form